Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

On Saturday, Brandon and I took Madeline and Eli to the pumpkin patch. A good time was had by all. We arrived at Old Baker Farm at lunchtime, so Brandon, Madeline and Eli had hot dogs for lunch. Hot dogs gross me out, so I ate a bag of kettle corn - a whole bag of kettle corn. It was mmm, mmm good. When everyone was pleasantly full, we set out for the hayride, which took us to the pumpkin patch. After a photo session, we selected two pumpkins to take home with us. I have to say the pickings were slim, and it was only Oct. 18th! Don't pumpkins rot if you get them any earlier? What are people doing getting their pumpkins so early? Personally, I like to have mine last until Thanksgiving, but I guess that's just me. After we picked up our pumpkins, we rode the hayride back to the farm and went through the petting farm before heading back to the car and home for nap time. Madeline and Eli could not have been any better behaved for their first pumpkin patch experience. They were rewarded with snack cups full of graham cookies on the way home (and two pumpkins).







No comments: