Friday, July 17, 2009

The Soundtrack of Summer '09

While this age offers its challenges (tantrums and independent attitudes), it is more than anything, a lot of fun and very high on the entertainment value. Lately, M&E's language is really starting to develop and I'm amazed every time they voice a new observation. Madeline definitely has the more advanced vocabulary of the two, but Eli seems to be learning from her too. Here are a few samplings of my daily soundtrack...

"Wuvy, no!" : Eli has been referring to Madeline as "Wuvy" (like lovey, as in lovey dovey) for a couple of months now - no clue where he came up with that, but she answers to it.

"E-I!" : Madeline calls Eli "E-I" (like e-i, e-i, o) and she usually says it very, very loud.

"Jump Big Pool!", "Mommy, I wanna go pool.", "Mommy, pool!!" : Can you tell where we've been spending a lot of our time?

"Outside!", "Eat Outside!" : Can you tell where we've enjoyed many meals?

"On my knees.", "Eat outside pool on my knees." : M&E have discovered that it's often easier to reach their food whilst dining al fresco in aforementioned position.

"Bobbles" : goggles

"Butt" : bike

"Neigh" : horse

"Dadoo" : tractor

"Tup" : truck

"Peak, Dog!" : speak, dog!

"Slops" : socks

"Mommy night night" : I want to get up on Mommy's bed, throw all the pillows off, make a mess of the bedding and jump around.

"Ice" : ice, ice cream, icing - a multipurpose word dependant on context

I would have to say that M&E's current range of vocab may be nothing to write home about now (although blog-worthy in my book). However, considering how it's grown in just the past couple of months, I'm excited to see how quickly it explodes once they start MDO this fall.

2 comments:

Mama Kaye said...

You left out "Mama Ki-eee" - such sweet music to me!

Kelley Brown said...

Love it all! You are such a witty writer! :)