Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Boy Oh Boy!



Raising girl/boy twins, I have had a unique opportunity to watch the innate differences between males and females reveal themselves as M&E have grown. Lately, I can't help but laugh at most of what sweet Eli does and says because... *sigh*... he is SUCH A BOY! Some examples:

  • With potty training and coed bathing come many discussions on the anatomical differences between girls and boys. You know, boys have pee-pees and girls have bottoms, etc., etc. A few days ago, Eli pulled his underwear down to go to the potty and declared, "Mommy, I love my pee-pee." Yes, boy, I know you do.
  • In the same category, like most men, Eli has recently become very particular about the environment in which he is able to poo-poo. (Sorry, can't think of another way to word it.) He has to have the space heater on and right on top of him, the bathroom fan on and the door shut. After all of this is done, he could be in there for 15 minutes or so. The other night we offered him the newspaper. It was well received - see above photo.
  • Perhaps I may not be eligible for the Mother of the Year Award but yes, I let my child play with guns. He's a boy for goodness sake. A favorite Christmas gift this year was a toy rifle that looks like the real thing and even makes the noise. Eli loves to take his gun "hunting", in fact he told me that he needs to "Go farm. Shoot big deer in my camo."
  • Doctors are also one of our favorite subjects currently. Obviously, M&E cannot remember the last time they received a shot because they become overjoyed at the thought of a trip to the doctor's office and will even feign a "boo-boo" with hopes of a check-up. Eli was playing doctor the other day and shining a light into my ear. I asked him what he saw in there. What was the boy's answer? "Big boogers", to which he died laughing.
Oh how we love our boy! While he's a goober just like the rest of them, he's one I could eat up.

4 comments:

TEAM RAY: Clint, Tiff, Sutton & Taylor said...

Anna, I am laughing SO hard at this post!!!! Eli just cracks me up and I haven't even met him in person...so hilarious! Funny about the wanting to go to the doc because my girls are doing the exact same thing right now. Fake boo boos galore around here and constantly saying "I sick, I need to go to the doctor". Kiss those sweet babies for me.

Ryan and Emily said...

How funny!!!! That picture cracks me up!! He is so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Things I have to look forward to!!! BTW, thanks for the shout out in your previous post! It was so good to see yall! xo Mo

Kelley Brown said...

This is hilarious!!!!! I laughed out loud. Oh the things (and comments) I have to look forward to in the coming months. :)