Monday, March 3, 2008

Spring Fever




Spring is right around the corner and we are getting a taste of it today. What a beautiful day - around 76 degrees and sunny and breezy! I have spring fever for sure, and Madeline and Eli are catching it too. We spent an hour outside swinging and it was so beautiful that I moved the high chairs onto the porch so M and E could dine al fresco for lunch. (Incidentally, this gave me a great opportunity to mop the apple juice and sweet potato residue off the floors in the kitchen - which looks huge and empty without two high chairs in it.)


Yesterday was another gorgeous day, and we decided to take advantage of it and go for a long family walk. There is a great walking trail right down the street from our house, so we loaded up Madeline and Eli and the jogging stroller and took off. It started out great... spending quality time together, getting some exercise, enjoying the fresh air. As always, M and E were in their pajamas. I unsnapped the bottoms though so their little legs and feet could air out. They felt great! They were talking and playing with their toes and having an all around great time - for now. Three miles into the walk, we decided to turn around and head back towards the car. That's when the trouble began. Unfortunately, the sun visor on our jogging stroller does not swing forward completely and poor little M and E had the sun right in their faces, so they were blinded and getting hot and sweaty - not a good combo. Long story short, Brandon and I ended up carrying two (now naked and screaming) babies all the way back to the car with our stroller in tow. I'm sure we looked like parents of the year! And, once again, I wish I had my camera with me.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Found your blog through KBB . . . and Anna, the twins are absolutely adorable! So glad to see you're a fellow blogger. :) Looking forward to keeping up and watching the precious twins grow!