Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy First Birthday Madeline and Eli!

Today is Madeline and Eli's first birthday. I can't believe it's already here! I can honestly say that the past year has been an absolute joy and looking back, it seemed pretty easy. Okay, I did shed quite a few tears along the way, but God has blessed us with two great-tempered children and for that reason, I really can't complain. Madeline and Eli have made our life so much more fun. Their interaction and contrasting personalities are a constant source of entertainment. We love them so much and are excited to watch them grow and change with many birthdays to come!

We had a little family birthday party for M&E on Sunday. I have to say I was a little disappointed with the lackluster cake smashing scene. Madeline shuddered at the first taste of icing and wanted nothing more to do with her cake. Eli did get a little messy, but only because Daddy shoved his hand in the cake. Julia suggested the lack of enthusiasm was rooted in the white cake and I have to agree - chocolate was the obvious way to go, dually noted (literally). Despite the embarrassing cake-eating show, M&E looked very cute in the bibs made by yours truly.

Our family was more than generous with their gifts and M&E now have a great new stash of toys and some of the cutest books I've ever read. To name a few favorites: a Radio Flyer double wagon from Grandma and Grandpa, Madeline's first My Little Pony from Mama Kaye, "That's Not My Monster" from Uncle Joe and Rena, and many, many more.




















Happy Birthday Madeline and Eli! We love you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I too was disappointed with Miller and his cake smashing. he took one lick of the chocolate icing and then wanted nothing to do with it. SO I being a mom who likes pictures smashed it in his face for him!!! Happy birthday M&E
Mallory

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Madeline and Eli!!! We can't believe how fast you have grown! Call us when you are feeling better! Much love,
The Goggans