Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekend Update

So, our weekend started out great. Friday was another gorgeous fall day, so Madeline, Eli and I picked up some lunch and went out to Homewood Park for a picnic. It was so nice to spend some time outside, and such a beautiful day spent with my children really reminded me of how blessed I am to be able to be a stay-at-home mom! Our friends Kelley and Carter met us there to play, and the Priers and the Neelys showed up too. Madeline had a great time walking around and playing with all the big kids. There was lots of "Dah!" "Dah!" (Ball! Ball!). Sweet Eli wanted to be in on the action too but was stuck on the ground unfortunately. I really think he's starting to realize there might be something to this walking thing.

Saturday was a different story. After a sleepless night, I woke up feeling pretty bad. A couple of hours later I realized why - I had M&E's stomach bug. I really thought I was in the clear since it had been several days since they were sick and I was symptomless but I was mistaken. Brandon really stepped up to the plate though. It was Daddy Day in the Rooks household as I stayed in bed for most of the day. M&E got to go to Dick's sporting goods store to shop for arrows and later even got a special trip to the grocery store for cookies from the bakery and a pack of balloons for entertainment. Here's Madeline having fun with one of them...



On Sunday, we pretty much stuck around the house since I was still pretty weak from the day before. However, we did venture out to Target for a little outing. M&E wrapped up the weekend by watching Daddy mow the grass. As you can see, it was quite enthralling...


No comments: