Tuesday, September 16, 2008

We're sick. :(



We knew this day would come... Madeline and Eli have their first throw-up bug. It started with Eli at 2:00 Monday morning. Madeline followed up at noon on Monday. M&E got two baths yesterday. However, I could still smell vomit last night and then I realized it was me since I had been covered in it all day long. M&E are the only two people in the world who I don't mind throwing up on me. Poor little ones... I think the hardest part was withholding food from them. Little Madeline was just pitiful last night but I stood my ground and sent her to bed with an empty tummy.

Today started off rough (as you can see above), but has gotten a bit better. M&E have successfully held down several cups of juice, a few handfuls of cheerios and two pieces of dry toast. Yippee! Also, today is an absolutely gorgeous day in Alabama. It's in the mid 70's, breezy and sunny. What a blessing it is to be able to open all the windows and air out our house after yesterday! M&E and I spent some time outside and I think everyone felt better after that. Also, we went to run some errands, which included a drive through Chick-fil-a for some lunch for me. The sweet lady at the drive through gave M&E each a stuffed cow when I told her they were sick. Yet another reason to love Chick-fil-a.

No comments: