Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Decor, Chore, and More

The addition is coming along nicely. Mama Kaye spent the night with us Sunday on her way home from her high school reunion. I took advantage of this time with my decorator and picked out paints and tile. Then, she grabbed the roller and started painting! Here is the bedroom. The color is called "Seashore Fog". I love it - very soothing.



A consequence of a home under construction is a mess. Brandon has promised me a maid once we're finished. I cannot wait! Sometimes the mess gets to Eli too. Today he pulled the vacuum out of the closet. Not one to discourage my child's desire to clean, I got him to help me pick up the toys and I plugged that baby in and had him help me vacuum. He really seemed to enjoy it, so we'll be sharing this chore again soon. Perhaps we can convince Miss Madeline that she likes to clean also.



Speaking of Little Miss, she is wearing a ponytail today. Her hair is really getting long so I pulled it up into a ponytail for the first time this morning. I feel like it makes her look so grown up.



Glasses also make her look grown up, don't you think? She doesn't have her own (Praise God for good vision!) so she occasionally borrows Mr. Potato Head's.

1 comment:

TEAM RAY: Clint, Tiff, Sutton & Taylor said...

Even though I don't comment often, I read your blog ALL of the time...love it! It always makes me laugh. Eli and Madeline are just too darn cute and they have spunk. Your addition looks great, glad you have some help vacuuming now, and Little Miss looks way too grown up with that ponytail. Wow~! That is honestly why I have not put my girls' hair up yet. I tried it one day and I almost got teary looking at them so I took it back down. Crazy, I know. Plus they have had 2 haircuts so it's not as long as it could be if I'd stop chopping it. Tell Brandon hi and keep on blogging.