Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Poop and Praise

God continues to amaze me with His uncanny ability to bless our family in even the smallest details. Today, Madeline and Eli refused to take their morning nap. A normal nap schedule for us includes a morning nap around 8:00 and an afternoon nap around 12:30 or 1:00, followed by a 6:00 bedtime. Today, the 8:00 nap lasted the whole of 30 minutes, and that's probably being generous. I was frustrated because my whole schedule was then shot. I had planned to get out of the house right after lunch, but I ended up having to stay in and put M&E down at noon for a nap instead. What a nap it was! They slept for 2.5 hours. When they woke up, we had a snack and headed to the mall to kill time before supper. We got home at 4:30, and I put M&E down on the floor to play for a bit. About two minutes later, Eli had the NASTIEST poopy diaper I have ever encountered. I'm talking through the outfit and onto the rug. In the 30 seconds it took me to get him onto the bathroom floor to await his bath, Madeline decided that she needed to put her hands in the mess he left and taste it, yes, taste it. Yuck! So, both babies got a bath tonight. I know you're probably thinking, how is this a blessing? Usually, M&E are so tired and fussy at this time of day, but today they were patient and happy and just played together in Madeline's crib while I cleaned up the toxic waste. Had their nap schedule not been altered, the scene would have been much different. And, did I mention that Brandon is in Auburn tonight and I'm on double coverage? What a wonderful (and a little disgusting) reminder that I am to turn my day planner over to God each and every day and He will never fail to work it all out for me!

No comments: