Thursday, April 17, 2008

Not So Little Bitty Anymore

Madeline's nickname is "Little Bitty" or for short, "Little Bit" because she's just little. However, today it seems that she grew up before my very eyes. First off, she and Eli were on the floor playing in the den, so I seized the moment and went elsewhere to get some things done. I heard Madeline start fussing but I just figured she had either fallen over or was on her tummy and wanted to be flipped back over. So, I was shocked to come in and find my little girl standing up and holding onto the coffee table. Apparently she had pulled herself up and didn't quite know how to get herself back down. That's the first time she's pulled up on her own!

Later during bath time, Brandon noticed a white something in Madeline's mouth and said, "Is that a bubble or a tooth?" Lo and behold our Little Bit has a tooth about to break through! And, I was just saying that she had none. That's our strong-willed Madeline... tell her she can't do something and she'll do it just to prove you wrong. (No idea where she gets it!)

Finally, Madeline has been doing quite a bit of rocking/bouncing. I'm afraid my freedom to leave her and her brother alone to go do housework (or anything else for that matter) is quickly drawing to a close. Here's a little preview of what is to come, and nevermind Eli's fussing - he also is teething at the moment...

No comments: