Saturday, August 2, 2008

While the twins are away, Mommy will play.

Today, I had my first day off in over a year. Brandon took Madeline and Eli to Newnan this morning and I was left not quite knowing what to do with myself. Well, I knew a few things to do... My day started off with a trip to Starbucks for a light mocha frappuccino and a slice of cinnamon swirl coffee cake - some rare treats. My breakfast was followed up with a massage. Brandon got me a gift card for Christmas and I just now found the time to redeem it. Later, I enjoyed a tasty lunch from Olexa's complete with a slice of vanilla cake - my favorite. Following lunch, I sat in the sun at the pool for an hour, which has also become a very rare treat. The rest of the day I spent reading my In Touch magazine all about how poor Angelina Jolie is so exhausted from nursing twins and changing their diapers and how the poor woman ONLY has 4 nannies and Brad's parents there to help her - bless her heart - gag me.

Brandon returned home with his car full of precious cargo tonight after braving some awful storms to get here, and I could not have been happier to see that car pull into the driveway. I always look forward to our weekends full of family time with all four of us together, and I missed my little busy bodies today!

No comments: